You will need…
A computer capable of running Zorin OS. View system requirements
A USB flash drive with enough capacity for your Zorin OS copy:
An external hard drive or cloud storage for backup. (optional)
Download Zorin OS.
If you haven't already downloaded your copy of Zorin OS, you will need to get it from the Download page to proceed.
|Zorin OS 15.3 Core 64-bit||307d0244433e6d2a64ba790f2164b791886f52643346c2c0f85daaaddc0f7891|
|Zorin OS 15.3 Lite 64-bit||def3e85f4a0d2769bdd614c63be9d4ac9ca23355b55653e35e68625a214df847|
|Zorin OS 15.3 Lite 32-bit||95e4159ebb5b532932ade79cd0c439235e726dc30c8a00036820b7a96ee2f865|
|Zorin OS 15.3 Ultimate 64-bit||d41370e264f7ee712c8293df8f46bda129ffe1da019032d610d029256cf4e018|
|Zorin OS 15.3 Ultimate Lite 64-bit||35ad451b9be71ac7e2f5a4d580171a4a5a030c594bfa94a80f81f29f3b63702d|
|Zorin OS 15.3 Ultimate Lite 32-bit||1042edc905dba25a4060966ef79b45dfa8466adc16ab8a1024dd2915ec6cb5f2|
|Zorin OS 15.3 Education 64-bit||171d488a613559a6d4152f73212b0a37f764bbb7b962dfe8d96e96d57f42ac5d|
|Zorin OS 15.3 Education Lite 64-bit||a4d9153c3c0c7b15ff00d5ffd7c6d11aed88a6d90c971822dc9f1ef7b450346f|
|Zorin OS 15.3 Education Lite 32-bit||0192fccb564238113070ffb0e095559ad0c29b67951d070ed5fd6bd8412ef92b|
|Zorin OS 16 Core Beta||737dcf0721ebcf06aae4a48e2cfe3d3bfc2189762a6ada0882a0dba7f1a37923|
Back up your data.
We would recommend you to back up your important data and files to an external hard drive or cloud storage service. Installing a new operating system might overwrite your data.
Create an Install Drive.
To create an Install Drive of Zorin OS, you will need your USB flash drive and an app called balenaEtcher.
Creating the Install Drive will erase all contents on the USB flash drive. We would recommend you to use an empty USB flash drive or back up the contents of your USB flash drive before following the steps below.
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer.
- Open balenaEtcher and press "Flash from file" to choose your downloaded Zorin OS ".iso" file.
- Press "Select target" and choose the correct USB flash drive from the list.
- Press "Flash!" to begin writing Zorin OS to the USB flash drive.
- After a few minutes, the USB flash drive will be ready for booting into Zorin OS.
Boot from the Install Drive.
In order to install Zorin OS, you must boot your computer from the USB Install Drive.
- Make sure that the written USB Install Drive is plugged into your computer.
- Switch the computer on.
- On a PC. Immediately upon startup, press the indicated key repeatedly to open the Boot Device Menu. If you are unsure which key to press, it is usually either Esc, Delete, F12, or another function key. From the Boot Device Menu, select the option with "USB" in its title to boot from the Install Drive.
- On a Mac. Immediately upon startup, press and hold the Option key. Now, select the USB Install Drive as the boot drive. Sometimes the Install Drive might be incorrectly identified as "Windows", which is normal.
- You should now see the Zorin OS welcome menu. Please use the ↑ ↓ keys to select "Check installation medium for defects" and press Enter to verify that your USB Install Drive is ready to use.
- After running the check, select the "Try or Install Zorin OS" option from the Zorin OS welcome menu.
If you have a modern NVIDIA graphics card. You can select the "Try or Install Zorin OS (modern NVIDIA drivers) " in order to boot and install with the official NVIDIA proprietary graphics drivers.
Note: The NVIDIA version 450 proprietary drivers are used.
- If you have a modern NVIDIA graphics card. You can select the "Try or Install Zorin OS (modern NVIDIA drivers) " in order to boot and install with the official NVIDIA proprietary graphics drivers.
Install your New Copy of Zorin OS.
Complete the installation of your new copy of Zorin OS.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the installation.
- When prompted, please connect to the Internet (if possible) in order to make sure all necessary software is downloaded during the installation process.
- You should reach a step titled "Installation type".
- If you want to keep your current operating system installed alongside Zorin OS. Select the "Install Zorin alongside [your other operating system] " option and press "Next" to choose how much space to allocate to Zorin OS.
- If you only want to have Zorin OS installed on your computer. Select the "Erase disk and install Zorin" option and press "Install Now".
- Continue following the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
We hope you'll enjoy using Zorin OS!